Dr. Sivakumar Vijayaraghavalu,
Professor and Head,
Narayana Translational Research Centre,
Narayana Medical College, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh.
E-mail – email@example.com
Office – 0861-2355511 extn 2406; Mobile – 8925744196;
NARAYANA MEDICAL COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL
To evolve as an International Centre of Excellence in Translational and Clinical Research
(NTRC; recognized by DSIR, Govt. of India) – is an advanced center established with a view to be at par with international standards in both pre-clinical and clinical research. The infrastructure of the facility is of world class with a built in area of 16,000 Sq.Ft. which includes – Clinical Research Division, Conference Room, four Biosafety level II clean rooms with laminar air flow type II- A in each room to carry out Stem Cell, Molecular biology and Genetic studies. A central Laboratory exists with state of art instruments such as Real- Time PCR, Ultra High Performance Liquid Chromatography (UHPLC), Flow Cytometer, Inverted Fluorescence Microscope, Nanodrop and Microbiology incubator and Laminar hood. As well equipped with necessary equipment’s including cooling centrifuges, refrigerators and freezers (-20 & -80 deg. C), Gel-documentation system and an IR Camera. Outcome of various research activities carried out in this centre were published in both national and international reputed journals.
A two storeyed Animal facility established in 1999 is utilized for experimental research in accordance with the CPCSEA guidelines of the Government of India. It is fully air –conditioned and houses lab animals such as rats, mice, rabbits and guinea pigs. It facilitates the following activities – UG and PG pharmacy animal practical experiments; in-house medical and paramedical research; inter-institutional research and industrial research. Animal health and well-being is monitored daily by a veterinarian; and animals were well maintained and fed ad libitum by animal care-takers (24 h x 7 d).
|1||Dr. Sivakumar Vijayaraghavalu||Professor & HOD|
|2||Mr. M. Vasanth Kumar||Assistant Professor|
|3||Mr. K. Bhargav Ram||Computer Assistant|
|4||Mr. V. Eswaraiah||Lab Assistant|
|S.no||Name of the Instrument||Model / Make|
|1||Flow Cytometer||BD Facss canto ll|
|2||UHPLC||Thermo Scientific Ultimate 3000|
|3||Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy||Shimadzu|
|4||Inverted fluorescence microscope||Olympus U- LH100HG|
|5||RT-PCR||Bio-Rad; CFX 96|
|6||Deep Freezers (-20 0C & -80 0C )||LG & Terumo penpol DF80U 300L;|
|7||Laminar airflow type II A and CO2 Incubators||Thermo Fisher|
|8||Gel Documentation Unit||G-Box|
|10||Nanodrop||Thermo Fisher 2000|
|11||Dedicated Microbiology hood and incubator||Hitech; Technico|
|12||Hot air oven||Yarko|
|15||Flame Photometer||Systronics 129|
|17||Muffle Furnace||BTI Biotech|
1. Title – Clinical evaluation for the prophylactic role of traditional Siddha formulation Vishasura Kudineer enlisted in Advisory of Ministry of AYUSH for COVID-19.
Sponsor – Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India.
Status – Ongoing
PI – Dr. PrasannaPurna K, Co-PI’s – Dr. Sivakumar Vijayaraghavalu; Dr. R. Shailaja (Ayush Clinician).
2. Title – An Academic Multicenter Open label Single Arm Study to Record the Efficacy of Indomethacin among Confirmed COVID-19 patients with Mild and Moderate Symptoms.
Sponsor – IIT Madras, Chennai, India.
Status – Ongoing
PI – Dr.PrasannaPurna; Co-PI – Dr. Sivakumar Vijayaraghavalu; Project in collaboration with IIT Madras.
3. Title – Phase IV, Multi-Center, Open Lable, Clinical Trial to Assess the Safety and Efficacy of Remdesivir in Moderate to Severe SARS CoV2 Infection (COVID-19) in Indian patients.
Sponsor – Jubiliant Generics, CRO; JSS Medical Research India Pvt. Ltd.
Status – Study Site Approved
PI – Dr. Prasanna Purna, Co-PI – Dr. Ravi Teja,
Site Manager – Dr. Sivakumar Vijayaraghavalu, Coordinator Mr. Vasanth Kumar
4. Title – A Prospective, Open Label, Multicenter, Single Arm Phase Iv Study to Evaluate the Safety and Effectiveness of Avigan® (Favipiravir) Tablets 200 Mg as Add On to Standard Supportive Care in Adult Indian Patients with Mild to Moderate Covid-19 Disease- Project submitted and in evaluation process (likely to be approved)
Sponsor – Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory; CRO; JSS Medical Research India Pvt. Ltd.
PI – Dr. Chappadi Rajesh Reddy, Co-I Dr. PrasannaPurna
Site Manager – Dr. Sivakumar Vijayaraghavalu
Coordinator Mr. Vasanth Kumar
5. Title – Randomized, Parallel Group, Phase III Study to Compare Safety and Efficacy of BFLUID with a Commercially Available Solution, NUTRIFLEX PERI, as a Control Product in Patients Undergoing Gastrectomy or Colectomy
Sponsor – – Otsuka Pharmaceutical India Pvt Ltd; CRO – JSS Medical Research (MNC – Head-quarters Canada)
Status – Approved
PI – Dr. Thirunavukkarasu
Blinded Assesor-Dr. Gurudutt P. Varty
Clinical Site Manager – Dr. Sivakumar Vijayaraghavalu
Coordinator – Mr. Vasanth Kumar